A workshop on 'Urgent Care Training for GP Trainees' is to be held at the Badger premises on Thurs 14th Sept 2017. Badger House, 121 Glover St, Birmingham, B9 4EY.
This workshop will consider all the components of good practice as developed by Audit South West during their review of GP Training amongst UHUK Members.
This event is relevant to all those involved with GP training in OOH including Medical Directors, Associate Directors with responsibility for training, Clinical Governance Leads and others with an interest.
This workshop is facilitated by:
- Simon Abrams, Chair UHUK
- Rob Stokes, Acting Head of GP School HEE (North West) and Chair of Deanery Out of Hours Lead group
- John Kedward, Associate Postgraduate Dean and Out of Hours GP Training Lead, Health Education England, working across the East of England
Issues covered will include:
- Effective induction of GP Trainees
- Ensuring training systems are safe
- What is reasonable to expect from GP Trainees
- Supervision, reports to Trainers from Supervisors, using GP Trainee feedback on Supervision
- Managing failing GP Trainees
- The service component provided by GP Trainees
- Using GP Trainee feedback to sustain and improve training and recruit the future workforce
- Working with Commissioners, Deaneries and Trainers to make training work.
- Working with the single employing authority.
Members & Non-Members: £150 + VAT
Cancellation fee £50 + vat unless a replacement is found. You will be invoiced after the event.