Formally an officer for the 'Stockport Health Authority', Michaela's career in OOH / unscheduled care commenced in 1996 when she was initially appointed as the Manager of Stockport Doctors' Co-operative, becoming Managing Director in 2003 and subsequently Chief Executive.
Michaela has seen the organisation develop from a 'local GP Co-operative' providing OOH care to c500,000 patients to a much larger innovative 'social enterprise' organisation providing Out of Hospital Service across Greater Manchester. Through our dynamic approach to innovation and commitment to meeting the ‘out of hospital’ agenda, we have developed a wide range of services that support admission avoidance and ‘safe’ early discharge from hospital. Our portfolio of services continues to expand to the meet the needs of our local population and that of our Commissioners.
Existing services include:
- OOH Services 8-8 led GP led Walk-in centre including a registered general practices,
- Dental Help Line,
- Community Intravenous Therapy Services,
- Pathfinder Alternative to Transfer Service,
- in-reach primary care provision to the Wellspring which provides support for the more disadvantaged members of the community including homeless and traveller communities,
- Trafford Patient Care Co-ordination Centre which provides a single point of contact for patients, their families and health professionals.